Taste All the Bridge Day Flavor in WV
Kick off with Friday night\'s Taste of Bridge Day, then try the festival fare during the event. Afterward, round out the taste tour with a sit-down in local ambiance.
Taste of Bridge Day
Get a sample platter of the Gorge\'s greatest at Taste of Bridge Day the evening before the festival at Smokey\'s on the Gorge. But tickets for $1 each, then exchange them for samples. Sit on the deck and scope out the bridge from across the canyon while you indulge.
Several vendors will be serving up appetizers, entrees, desserts and drinks. Here are a few hints and sneak peeks of tastes to expect:
- Ace\'s Woody\'s Smokehouse- How do you like your pizza? Ace has several ideas. Check out their savory— and sweet— pies.
- Adventures on the Gorge- The host eatery is gettin\' authentic Appalachian with signature Southern-style selections from all of their restaurants.
- The Boston Beanery- What pairs well with BBQ? The Beanery knows the answer(s), and it\'ll be serving up the perfect combo.
- Corner Gas and Grill- Just like the restaurant, expect classic all around, from the food to the flavor.
- Diogi\'s- If you haven\'t tried Diogi\'s creative Latin cuisine, here\'s your chance to taste one chef Oscar\'s most popular plates.
- Dory\'s Grille- American cuisine, hot off the grill. Hearty veggies, savory meats and a bit of fruity flavor.
- New River Exxon and Deli- Try a couple of country favorites, then top it off with some classic, or fall-themed sweets.
- Gumbo\'s- Simple, but with a bold flavor. That\'s the basis for good Cajun and Creole cuisine. Gumbo\'s will be plating the delectable staples of these styles.
- Hawk\'s Nest Restaurant- Like it spicy? Extra cheese? Hawk\'s nest menu is sure to please. Add some spiced cider to rinse it down.
- Long Point Grille & Bar- Ever eaten peanut butter pie? Heard of it? It\'s a decadent dessert that blows Reese Cups out of the water. Seriously. Try it.
- Maloney\'s- What day is it? If you say game day, man, Maloney\'s is right there with you with hearty, heavy offerings of fall-time favorites.
- T-Byrd\'s Smokin\' BBQ- T Byrd seems to know that there\'s nothing\'s better than delicious BBQ, unless of course it\'s slathered in homemade toppings.
Whet your palate? Pick your favorites, or grab a bite of each. The menu is subject to change, but it\'s guaranteed to be delicious.
There will also be vendor booths, where you can buy locally made goods, official Bridge Day merchandise and more.
At the Bridge Day Festival
If this list doesn\'t drag you in, the scents will! There will be all kinds of flavor to savor along the Bridge.
If you\'re in WV, and you haven\'t had a pepperoni roll, you really should try one. It\'s the state food, and you can rarely find it outside our borders. You can snag one at Gino\'s or Pepoli\'s Pepperoni Rolls.
Your dining options range from classic concessions and American fare to Greek, Asian and Turkish dishes. There are vegetarian and vegan-friendly options. Top it off with a funnel cake, a Bridge Day favorite.
Avoid the "I wish I\'d gotten that!" syndrome and check out the options in advance:
- Arabella Bistro (booth 91)- Greek fare, salads, dogs & other American classics
- Asian Grill & Rice (59)- Chicken on a stick & rice bowls
- D&E Concessions(110)- Fried gator, turkey legs, funnel cakes and staple concessions
- Event Foods/Sausage King (45)- Polish sausage, steak subs, crab soup
- Gino\'s (5)- Pizza, pepperoni rolls, burgers, dogs, BBQ
- Good Stuff Times (98)- BBQ, turkey
- Lambert\'s Concessions (10)- Subs, gyros, nachos, lemonade, BBQ
- Mission Savvy (41)- Vegan options
- Old Tyme Concessions (53)- Steak, chicken, sausage platters, funnel cakes, lemonade
- Pepoli\'s Pepperoni Rolls (154)- Pepperoni Rolls
- Rice Bowl (36)- Chicken or meatballs on stick, Italian sausage
- Roxalana Gospel Tabernackle (102)- Burgers, pork, onion rings, hot bologna
- Sistah\'s Rib Shack (106)- BBQ, ribs, pulled pork, chicken, beans, slaw
- Team America (147)- Hotdogs, chili, hot chocolate
- Turkish Grill of NC (71)- Greek, turkey legs, italian sausage, philly cheesesteak, chicken tenders, Fajitas, blooming onions
Snacks & Desserts:
- Canyon Rim Gifts (61)- Fudge
- CinnaRoasted Almonds (17, 42)- Cinnamon nuts
- Donut Connection (35)- Donuts, pastries, coffee
- J&E Concession (84)- kettle corn, roasted corn, potatoes
- M.A.D. Concessions (48)- Cotton candy, fried oreos, twinkies, funnel cakes
- Myers Amusements (2)- Cotton candy, carmel apples, deep fried chocolates, sno kones, funnel cakes, ribbon fries
- Popcorn in Paradise (21)- Kettle korn
- The Poppin\' Kettle (112)- Kettle corn
- Triple L Concession (77)- Funnel cakes, lemonade, corn dogs
- WV Mountain Grown (157)- Baked goods
After Bridge Day
If you\'re staying after for a meal, there\'s a chili festival in Fayetteville immediately after Bridge Day, and there are tons of delicious places to stop in and around town.
A few suggestions for local favorites:
- Musical Grounds European Coffee House- Sip one of the state\'s greatest and most carefully made cups o\' joe, and have a light bite
- Delfino\'s Pizza & Ice Cream- See if you can handle the generous dessert servings after some gooey, cheesy goodness
- Secret Sandwich Society- Shhh! The sandwiches, burgers and hose-made chips are so good, it\'s a local secret.
- Pies & Pints- It\'s pizza, but not like you\'ve ever had it before. Gourmet slices with fresh herbs and unique toppings.
- Cafe One Ten- They serve up delicious diner fare, and you never know quite what the kitchen staff is experimenting with for their specials.
You can\'t have read that and not gotten hungry! Go get a taste of the New River Gorge?
What\'s your favorite New River Gorge restaurant?