Where to stay for Bridge Day
Make a weekend out of West Virginia’s biggest single-day event. Vacation suites, cabins and campgrounds are still available for Oct. 21. Local favorites include:
Stay in restored 1906 bank, right downtown!
LaFayette Flats has 4 glamorous apartments that you can rent. Each one has swanky decor and modern luxuries. From wifi to original artwork, these rooms are a cut above your average vacation home.
They’re fully furnished, too. Each has a chic kitchenette and bathroom, plus cooking utensils and linens. Everything is so convenient and cozy, you’ll want to stay longer.
LaFayette’s location is a plus, too. It’s right in the heart of Fayetteville, which means you’re only a short walk from several local restaurants and boutiques!
After a brisk afternoon full of Bridge Day, head back to the colorful woods and light up that fireplace.
Nearby cabins include:
- Opossum Creek Retreat— Lansing: These furnished cabins combine rustic simplicity with comfort. Hot tubs, screened-in porches, cookies and gas fireplaces make relaxation all but guaranteed. Package deals available.
- New River Gorge Preserve— Fayetteville: Pick from tiny rustic cabins to luxury homes with room for 16. RV hook-ups are available, too.
- Hemlock Haven Cabins— Hico: Tucked away on 28 forested acres, these rentals are just 5 minutes from Route 19. Cabins are spacious, fully furnished and dog friendly.
More cabins are available for rent.
Camping in the New River Gorge
Pack a tent or bring that RV— the Fayetteville area has plenty of room.
- Chestnut Creek Campground in Lansing is really close to the New River Gorge Bridge. It’s primitive but has hot showers, firewood and ice.
- Arrowhead Bike Farm in Fayetteville dresses up camping with wifi, hot showers, delicious meals and a biergarten.
- Rifrafters Campground in Fayetteville has spaces for tents and RVs. You can also rent basic cabins.
The New River Gorge has many more campgrounds available. You can also skip the whole camping thing and stay in a hotel instead. However, rooms book quickly for Bridge Day. Your best bet is to call sooner rather than later.
Good luck and happy Bridge Day!
If you’ve stayed overnight for Bridge Day, what do you recommend for newcomers?