Bridge Day 2011 By the Numbers
Bridge Day 2011 is history. Beautiful blue skies and an awesome crowd of BASE jumpers, rappellers, and spectators equaled a pretty amazing day.
Also amazing? Some of the numbers from this year's event:
- There were 750 BASE jumps by 421 jumpers this year.
- 11 tandem jumps were made, for the first time ever.
- $660 was raised by presenting sponsor Subaru for the Fayette County Humane Society.
- 180 - That's the number of pick-ups that the Rescue Boat team made this year, more than average.
- The Fayette County Green Team and the Appalachian State University Outdoors Program collected almost 600 pounds of cardboard for recycling.
- 82 - The age of this year's oldest BASE jumper, Donald Cripps.
- There were 868 Bridge Day rappels.
- $1,000. That's the donation that Subaru made to World Hoop Day on behalf of Stephanie Bercht, the winner of the Bridge Day Tandem Jump Video Contest.
- BASE jumpers came from 12 countries and 39 states. 9 jumpers were from West Virginia.
- 1,000 of you downloaded the Official Bridge Day app.
- 24% of jumpers were making their first BASE jump on Bridge Day.
- There were 105 trash cans on the Bridge.
Thanks for being part of Bridge Day. We'll see you in 2012!