Taste of Bridge Day
For 15 years, the Oak Hill and Fayetteville Rotary Clubs have organized the annual Taste of Bridge Day festival. This is a family-oriented event where the area’s finest restaurants and caterers offer samples of their menu specialties.
The event allows thousands of visitors to enjoy wonderful food, local artwork and live music in the beautiful outdoor setting of Adventures on the Gorge.
- When: Friday, October 20th from 5 – 9 p.m.
- Where: Adventures on the Gorge, 219 Chestnutburg Rd, Lansing, WV 25862
Funds raised from this event benefit the Oak Hill and Fayetteville Rotary Clubs in their extensive community service projects and numerous donations to charitable organizations, especially those that support children in our local community.
The Taste of Bridge Day is free to attend with food samples ranging from $1.00 to a maximum of $7.00. All tickets are sold in increments of $10. Tickets can be purchased in advance through the Bridge Jam website, at the Fayetteville United Bank location, the Fayette County Chamber office or at the gate the night of the event.
Food vendors compete for the coveted awards for best appetizer, best entree, best dessert, and people’s choice. Don’t forget to pick up your voting coin at the ticket booth so that you can vote for people’s choice! 2016 awards were won by: Best Appetizer – Smokey’s On The Gorge, Best Entree – Buffler’s, Best Dessert – Gumbo’s, People’s Choice – Smokey’s On The Gorge
- White Oak Catering
- Sweet T’s Bake Shop
- Dobra Zupa’s
- ACE Adventure Resort’s Woody’s Smokehouse
- Craft Kings
- Gumbo’s Cajun Restaurant
- Café 110
- Smokey’s Steakhouse (Adventures on the Gorge)
- Buffler’s Pizzeria (Adventures on the Gorge
- Chetty’s Pub (Adventures on the Gorge)
Enjoy live music at Taste of Bridge Day with Danny Cooper from 5 p.m. – 7 p.m. and Common Houses!
New this year:
- There will be a “kid zone” for families with young children, provided by Kid Quest and Game On Putt Putt. This will include a dining area, face painting, balloon art, superheroes in costume, a kid friendly DJ, and a nine hole miniature golf course. Bring the whole family!
- Kim Schmidl Feazell at 304-228-5506 or email@example.com
Check out our photo gallery from 2016!
Special thanks to our Platinum sponsors: Adventures on the Gorge, 59 News, 105.9 WTNJ, Rotary, Kid Quest and USI
Special thanks to our Gold sponsors: Bridge Jam, United Bank and Fayette County Chamber
Special thanks to our Silver sponsors: Appalachian Heating and Cooling, Kay Casto & Chany, Game On Putt Putt, Sheetz and Coca Cola
Special thanks to our Bronze sponsors: Highmark West Virginia